Sunday, May 13, 2018

Prayer for Request and Supplication-W/Expectancy


1 Chronicles 4:9-10, Jabez Request and supplications to God
Compiled/Edited By: Steve Braxton, National Clergy Fellowship Outreach...

THE PRAYER OF JABEZ, his name means: distress, pain, etc
Jabez was different than the rest of his family. His mother named him due to the difficulty she experienced during his birth. Knowing his name brought distress to his mother; he wondered “Is there more to life than this”?
Therefore, he prayed to God this prayer

“Oh that U would bless me, and bless me indeed {means: bless me a lot-many, many times}
And enlarge my territory; that your hand would be with me; and that you would keep me from all evil”
Exegete:
~Wonderfully bless me
~Help me with my work
~Please be with me in all that I do
~Keep me from all evil and disaster {God granted him his request

Summary:
Oh that u would bless me, indeed
“Prepare me, Equip me; and Empower me
Nothing but God’s fullest blessings for bestowal upon U
But we must ask for them or they will be put on the “un-claimed shelf”-waiting for U to ask
Be in Expectancy Mode: Look FWD with the Belief, have the confidence and expectation that God will bring it to pass
Reflection: Solomon name meant “Peace” He was the first King of Israel to reign without going to war. As he prayed to God 4 Wisdom, Knowledge and all other oppty became available to him {He had the wisdom and most of The Understanding & recognition of God’s Blessings and he was obedient..
OH That U would enlarge My Territory: His desire was not about material things but rather:
~Influence-More Responsibility, More Opportunity to make a mark for God
~Practice his presence; Keep God ‘front-of-mind-consciousness’
~To do the work, by coming along side others to mentor, advice, counsel and coach-and those efforts would serve to glorify God

Prayer sounds something like this:
Oh Great, Good, and Wise God!, I come asking that you would expand my opportunities; in that, it may Impact others  in enormous ways; in the work-as I touch & agree, and that it would make a difference in much more lives-all  to your Glory! Oh Lord help me, and let me do more for you, and the kingdom, this is my prayer, IN JESUS NAME, Amen

1 comment: